According to European researchers, we experienced the fifth hottest year on record. However, the United States and Europe experienced the hottest summer on record.
"The events of 2021 “are a stark reminder of the need to change our ways, take decisive and effective steps toward a sustainable society and work toward reducing net carbon emissions,” said Carlo Buontempo, director of the Copernicus Climate Change Service, the European Union program that conducted the analysis made public on Monday."
To read more, please see the N.Y. Times Article
By making small changes in our daily habits, we can collectively create a large positive impact on our precious planet.
Here are some easy tips to be more sustainable in 2022:
1. Save Energy: Switch off appliances, unplug chargers, hang clothes out to dry instead of using a dryer.
2. Use Reusable Alternatives: single-use products, especially plastic ones, end up in oceans and landfills causing harm to wildlife and the environment.
3. Reuse and Recycle: Correctly dispose of your rubbish. Try to reuse something before tossing it straight into a bin.
4. Grow Your Own Produce: By growing your own produce, you can ensure you are not using pesticides that are harmful to the environment.
5. Donate Used Items: Donate items that can be worn or used which will help reduce waste.
6. Save Water: Turn off the faucets when brushing your teeth, limit the time spent in the shower or dish washing.
7. Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products: Some cleaning products contain chemicals which are harmful to the environment. Commit to green or DIY cleaning products to reduce toxins being sent into the environment.
8. Compostable Straws: Opt for Beans N Canes compostable straws rather than single use plastic or paper straws.
Your Friends at Beans N Canes